[Querent] Sylvia Clements

Each character must have a profile in this section before they will be approved for RP.
Sylvia Clements
Character Account
Character Account
Shards: 135.00 
Nickname: Judith Priest--derby
Power: -1
Finesse: 1
Mind: 0
Arcane: 2
Minor Arcana Card: 4 of Cups
Readings

Advancements

[Querent] Sylvia Clements

Post by Sylvia Clements »

Name: Sylvia Clements
Nicknames: Maybe you’ll be the first to give her a nickname!
Birthday: 2/26/2004 (Pisces)
Pronouns/Gender: she/her

Physical Description: Sylvia gives off the vibe of a specialty teddy bear–soft, small, and exceedingly easy to stain. She stands at 5’ 2” and her hair is chin length golden curls. She begins her time in St. Raymond with high handlebar pigtails but as she gets used to being on her own, she starts to wear her hair down and occasionally in low pigtails. She has freckles sprinkled across her cheeks and nose. She tends to wear beige and creams (fuzzy light cardigans and khaki long skirts, brown loafers or ballet flats) but is on the lookout to change her style (maybe not drastically, but she at least wants to be able to wear skirts above her knee! It even took her parents some convincing to add blush pink to her wardrobe....) As far as makeup, she has one (1) matte palette in pinks and browns and (what else?) pink lipstick that she has started to wear more often. Her ears are pierced but she generally only wears modest pearl studs. The only other significant jewelry is a small silver cross around her neck.

Occupation: Freshman at Almagest (On scholarship to the theology track)

Personality: Sweet-tempered and well-intentioned, Sylvia takes people as they are and constantly gives them the benefit of the doubt, beyond what might be considered reasonable. Intensely curious and more than a little naive, she wants to be able to breathe easy, away from the strictures of her parents. She tries to be soothing and kind, though some may find her sanctimonious and preachy instead. She is learning to balance her strict, religious upbringing with the reality of the world she lives in and the personal convictions she holds. She had to convince her parents to let her go to school so far away from them and has not yet considered what being a scholarship student means for her academic performance. But now that she’s here, she doesn’t intend to waste the opportunity to make friends and experience life. She may also be frightened of her own inexperience (her inability to keep herself safe)--still, she’d rather be open-hearted and forgiving than fearful and lashing out. She loves fiber art of all kinds and constantly has a project with her. Many of her ponchos, blankets, and cardigans are hand made (by her). She does genuinely hold faith in the religion she was raised in and to that end goes to church (almost) every Sunday, says prayers/rosary nightly, and (silently) prays over meals before eating. However, she has seen firsthand what the faithful can excuse with enough self-assigned penance and opts to have a more private than missionary relationship with God.

Backstory: Born and raised in Denver, CO to parents who were afraid of what the sinful world would do to their family and to that end home-schooled Sylvia for a good portion of her life (bookended by stints in public schools when it was clear Debbie couldn’t handle teaching her daughter AND being a devoted helpmate to her husband). Sylvia found a prestigious university (coincidentally) on the other side of the country with a program that her parents would find acceptable and proceeded to spend the year after her graduation working on qualifying for the scholarship and convincing her parents that she could be trusted to retreat so far from their influence.

Stats:
  • Power: -1
  • Finesse: 1
  • Mind: 0
  • Arcane: 2
HP: 8
word count: 601
Empty City Dragon Bean by Grey!
Empty City look here, art by Ende!
Sylvia Clements
Character Account
Character Account
Readings

Advancements

Querent Information

Querent

Minor Arcana Card: The Four of Cups
Elemental Attunement:
  • Air: 0
  • Earth: 0
  • Fire: 0
  • Water: 1
Mark of the Querent: The palm of Sylvia's hand is colored a light and lovely seafoam green.
Arcana Magic: Utilizing a pool of water (can be as small as a glass of water to as big as a swimming pool), Sylvia can scry for the immediate and present happenings and surroundings of a person with whom she has a strong emotional connection (or for anyone else so long as she has an item of significant emotional importance to them). While she is scrying, she is surrounded by a thin bubble of water and unaware of what is happening around her. If that bubble is popped, Sylvia is roughly pulled back into her senses and disoriented. If she only knows someone in the Empty City, she can only scry on them if they are in the city at the present moment (and vice versa for people she only knows in the real world). Once she is made aware of the connection between selves, she can scry on them while they are in either place.
word count: 192
Sylvia Clements
Character Account
Character Account
Readings

Advancements

RP Log

Arranged in Roughly Chronological Order
Last edited by Sylvia Clements on Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 307
Sylvia Clements
Character Account
Character Account
Readings

Advancements

Art Gallery

A Collection of Art and Picrews
Maybe someday this will be organized
Last edited by Sylvia Clements on Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 29
Sylvia Clements
Character Account
Character Account
Readings

Advancements

Playlist Post

Listen on Spotify
See below for lyrics + youtube links
  1. "Alleyways" Faith Marie and UUin
    Just wanted them to love me/So much that I lost me/I feel alone anyways/So why not explore the alleyways?
  2. "silkspun" purity ring
    (Weight is a pressure)/Fear how the stillness stares back like it knows what I mean/I fear me/Forgiveness forget will spread evenly over the dead/O’er our death
  3. "You Keep Me Crawling" AURORA
    If I keep forgiving/Maybe I’ll believe/That you never meant for life to hurt for me/Maybe I’ll recover if you set me free
  4. "Sunshine and Roses" EllaHarp
    Ask me how I’m getting on here/And do I like what’s there in the mirror/Have I taken more risks or regrets/You ask me if I like the game/And if I were to answer I would say/Sometimes your water’s wine/And all the stars just can’t be mine/And it’s not always sunshine and roses
  5. "Breath" GABI
    My breath is the last thing I’ll feel when I die
  6. "Offer It Up" Kate Miller-Heidke
    I’m sick of turning it down/I’m sick of holding it in/I’m sick of tiptoeing ‘round/Quietly bleeding
  7. "Sunlight" Helena
    You are a ray of sunlight/And everything is going to be alright
  8. "Draw the Stars" Andreya Triana
    Even though/I am helpless of/The force above/Even though I/Can’t see far/I hold on tighter and draw the stars
  9. "Choreomania" Florence + the Machine
    The pressure and the panic/You push your body through/Something’s coming/So out of breath/I just kept spinnin’/And I danced myself to death
  10. "The Creationist" Kerli
    You’re no better or no worse than the others/We are all the same/And life is just a moment/Might as well enjoy this day/It’s time to start believing/That everything you want is on its way/And/Life is my creation/Is my best friend/Imagination/Is my defense/And I’ll keep walking/When skies are grey/Whatever happens was meant that way
  11. "Sweet Ophelia" Zella Day
    Believe me now you’re too young, girl/Cherry pie with your gold curls/Growin up like a grape vine/Wrapped around you in due time
  12. "If You Want Me" Meiko
    I never really had a doubt/You’re the only one I think about/And I can’t get you out of my head/I’d rather have you in my bed instead/Wishin hopin prayin sayin/You’re the only one for me/I know that you get me, baby/Come and give me what I need/Ooh, I love you/And I’ll be true/If you want me to
  13. "Holy Water" Now, Now
    I was up all night feeling messed up/Got a couple bad days I’m ashamed of/But you call me when you know I’m thinking too much/Holding me back, gotta give it up/You touch me like an angel/But you kiss me like a sinner/Got me dying for a miracle/Baby, step into the holy water
  14. "Hold U" Indigo de Souza
    You are a good thing, I’ve noticed, I’ve seen it/And I want the best things for you/I am a good thing and I promise you’ve got me/And I would go anywhere with you/And I will hold you, I will hold you/It’s gonna be all right
  15. "Please Don't Stop" Carina Round
    Please don’t stop/Be mine in a carpet full of stars/I close my eyes and dive in/Please don’t stop because I’m scared too/Please don’t stop because I’m scared too/So push your fingers in/Come on and touch my frightened heart/Bring your quiet mouth closer/Come apart/I want to smash through/Smash through this moment til it’s gone/Just want to have you/And that’s all, that’s all, that’s all
  16. "The Drowning" Elsa and Emilie
    There’ll be no flowers at your grave/You will get none of what you crave/You are the one who can’t be saved/No one will follow your trail
  17. "Lunacy" Rue Royale
    Is it reasonable to believe/In a narrow path not every eye can see?/Is it fair that all the rest will die with fire?/Could it be? Is it truth or lunacy?
  18. "Soft to Be Strong" MARINA
    I believe the world is beautiful/Only the weak ones are cruel/I choose to love you without fear/No shame in being sincere
  19. "Surprise" Jenny Owen Youngs/Buffering the Vampire Slayer
    I been looking at you for a long time/And you’ve been circling me for awhile/Like a moon on the shore over low tide/A light in the dark through the miles
  20. "Waiting For You" Companion
    Like the light that glinted off the river/Like the bloom that lifted the winter/Like the fruit that tempted the sinner/Was it weakness or tenderness in her?/I’ve been waiting for you/I’ve been waiting for you all this time
  21. "Child of Light" The Getaway Plan
    And I know I must be dreaming/And none of this is real/A fire inside says otherwise/And burns on through the fields/And the scenery around me is splitting at the seams/And through the cracks a light escapes and shines all over me
  22. "Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)" Florence + the Machine
    Here I am, a rabbit-hearted girl/Frozen in the headlights/It seems I’ve made the final sacrifice/We raise it up, this offering/We raise it up/This is a gift/It comes with a price/Who is the lamb and who is the knife?/And Midas is king and he holds me so tight/And turns me to gold in the sunlight
  23. "She Loves the Rain" CLANN
    (Instrumental)
  24. "rain and storm" Yuki Kajiura
    (Instrumental)
  25. "finifugal (instrumental)" aeseaes
    (Instrumental)
  26. "fake wings bitter sweet ver." Yuki Kajiura
    Shine bright morning light/Now in the air the spring is coming/Sweet morning wind/Singing down the hills and valleys/Keep your eyes on me/Now we’re on the edge of hell/Dear my love/Sweet morning light/Wait for me/You’ve gone much farther/Too far
  27. "What the Water Gave Me" Florence + the Machine
    Cause they took your loved ones/But returned them in exchange for you/But would you have it any other way?/Would you have it any other way?/You couldn’t have it any other way/Cause she’s a cruel mistress/And a bargain must be made/But, oh my love, don’t forget me/When I let the water take me
  28. "(dream)" salvia palth
    (Instrumental)
  29. "seafoam" sound butler
    (Instrumental)
  30. "You Taught Me How to Breathe" Roniit
    You set the slowest pace/Inside a dream we fade/Our longing interlaced/I’ve never felt so safe
  31. "Shelter" machineheart
    Let my eyes be the rhythm/Let my mind be your freedom/You can take it all, you can take it all/Let my heart be your shelter/Let these bones be the giver/Let this soul be your whisper/You can take it all, you can take it all/Let my heart be your shelter
word count: 1232